1) How far away are you from the city of Rethymnon? Can I walk there?
We are 6km away, about 1 hour walk or a 10 minutes taxi ride (around 8 euro) or 10 minutes bus ride (every 20 minutes, tickets at 1 euro per person).
2) Does Axos allow pets?
3) Are there any hidden costs that I should be aware of?
No (only remember that in some room types breakfast is not included in the room rate).
4) Are the sunbeds by the pool and on the beach free of charge?
Ξy the pool area they are free but on the beach they are charged.
5) Do you have a private beach?
No, we do not, but the beach near the hotel can be used also by our guests.
6) Do you provide complimentary beach or swimming pool towels?
7) How often do you clean the rooms?
Every day except Sunday.
8) Does your hotel offer accommodation for the disabled?
Unfortunately Axos hotel doesnβt have the appropriate infrastructure.
9) Is there an ATM on property?
Not at the hotel but within 5 minutes walking distance you will be able to find at least 4.
10) Do you have sufficient parking space on your premises for all guests?
Our guests can park on the public road in front of the hotel and in the back of the hotel (or ask for our help).
11) Are there any restaurants in the area?
There are quite a lot of restaurants within walking distance which we recommend and there are many more in the town of Rethymnon (6km distance). Ask at the front desk for our unbiased suggestions.
12) Is there internet service in the rooms?
Not in the rooms but we do have wireless internet in all of our public areas (lobby, pool, bar) and its FREE of charge. Also there is a computer that guests can use for free in the lobby area.
13) Are there mosquitoes in the room?
While they are fewer than in other places, there can still be mosquitoes depending on the heat and the season. If you are sensitive to mosquitoes we recommend you to use the small tablets machine, which is an insect repellent (found in the supermarkets) and follow some common sense general precautions (have the balcony door closed in the night etc).
14) I want to hike the Samaria gorge. Do I have to pre-book it?
No need for that. You can always book (at the front desk) up to the afternoon of the day before.
15) Do you propose any special excursions, private guided tours etc?
Yes, we do. Guests can find a regularly updated concierge file at the front desk while current and local news are updated on a daily basis on our black board in the hotel entrance. For more info, contact our concierge or anyone at the front desk.
16) What is your smoking policy?
While smoking within your hotel room and the hotel's enclosed areas is not allowed, guests can smoke in the open space bar area, pool and in their private balconies and verandas.
17) Are there any kitchen utensils in the room?
We have a small compact kitchenette which includes a fridge, 2 hot plates and sufficient equipment including a kettle.
18) Do you provide a cleaning sponge and dishwashing liquid for the dishes?
No, we do not as we are self catering rooms but just opposite the hotel you can buy some.
19) Do you provide transfer from Crete's airports/ports?
Yes we do offer transfer service in extra cost. The company we work with is a Taxi company but we have a special deal with them so fell free to email us in order to plan your transfer.
20) If I write on the comments/requests area about swimming pool view, will this be fulfilled?
We will do our best to fulfil your request, but it is not possible to reassure anything like this because such requests always depends on the availability at that time.
21) What do you provide for babies and toddlers?
We provide baby-cots, baby chairs (in the restaurant and in the room), baby blankets and baby towels. Just write this on your comments/request when you place your booking.
22) Do we have to book one of the offered massages well in advance?
The sooner you book the better as the masseurs work by appointment and schedules can fill up.
23) Other than massages, what other like services is nearby?
Within a few meters of our hotel, you will find a hairdressing salon and a spa facility.
24) What is the check-in and check-out time?
Check-in is at 14:00 to 15:00 and check-out at 11:00.
25) I want to stay longer in my room on departure date. Ξs this possible and how much do you charge?
We charge 50% of the day price and you can keep the room until 18:00. If you want to keep the room longer than that, full day will be charged. We only know if it is possible on the day of your departure (you cannot have it pre-arranged unless you wish to book the room for an extra night). Remember that if you want to stay longer on your departure date and there are no rooms available, you are welcome to use our public late check-out facilities (shower and dressing room).
26) What is the opening and closing time of the front office?
The front office is operating 24/7.
27) Do you provide laundry service?
Yes, we do and at very reasonable rates (hotel outsources to a laundry service on a non-profit basis). You give us your laundry until 13:00 and we return it to you the day after.
28) Can I pre-arrange to have flowers or a bottle of champagne/wine sent to the room prior to my arrival?
Yes you can, just email us and we will plan this for you.
29) Can we drink tap water?
Normally tap water is not drinkable. Some of our guests do drink it without any problems but it is better not to.
30) Is there a doctor on site?
Not in the hotel area but we can arrange a doctor to come to the hotel or visit the medical center which is within walking distance.